Monday, October 03, 2011

The Strauss House: First sketches

 First sketch, based on a drawing I did this summer. Pretty simple. Not really pushing it. I wouldn't say this is a crazy house yet, but it is a start...

























Then I started looking at reference and keeping a mental note of my favorite features of Victorian houses found in books, online and in my everyday life (I am lucky that I live in a area that is full of examples of Victorian,  Queen Anne, and Gothic Revival style houses) Still very rough, but getting somewhere...







I have to think about the sides and back of the house as well. Once I have a solid idea on how the house will look like, I will probably build a very basic 3-D model of it. (I'm still trying to figure out how I would do that.) I figure if I build a model it will help me get great perspective shots and creative angles of the house. The house is an important character of the story.



No comments: